Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 8 ounces (224g) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 7 1/2 ounces (213g) light-brown sugar
- 7 ounces (200g) granulated sugar
- 8 oz (227g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces (227g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces (226g) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice until smooth; reserve.
- Whisk together in a large bowl the brown sugar, granulated sugar, melted and cooled butter, and the eggs. Add the dry ingredients, whisk until smooth. Whisk in the pumpkin puree.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners in a muffin tin, filling each liner no more than two thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. About five minutes after removing the tray from the oven transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the frosting use a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat the cream cheese, butter, and maple syrup on medium until fully combined. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar on low until smooth. Decorate as desired.